All Tings Cherry Chocolate

observations. tech. games. news. humour. friends. you. me.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

My Birthday Present


I've always believed that books make the most personalised gifts. You can have enough material possessions, but you will never have enough knowledge. And you need to know a person really well to find the right book. It's also a great way to deliver a message that you can't otherwise express.

So when my team asked my what I wanted for my birthday, I asked for Blankets. Saw shelfloads at Taka Kino a few months(?) back. My interest was piqued at the time, but plonked my cash for Bone.

Got my present today (minus the ribbon which I had to return). Was told that they had a hard time finding it (thanks Li Ren and Jane!) It was sold out at Kino, and the last copy was found at Borders (shame to the employee who said it was out of stock).

I'm glad too that I got some of them interested in borrowing the book. Yes, comics (I prefer the term graphic novel) can be literature. Pics here.

3 Comments:

  • At October 07, 2005 4:04 PM, Blogger JayNe said…

    thanks to Li Ren only cos I didn't play a part in searching for it! though I did pay my share. heh. =)) my well wishes look so good on the photo. How's the bk btw?

     
  • At October 07, 2005 4:04 PM, Blogger JayNe said…

    =O this reminds me. I haven't paid Li Ren. *scurries off*

     
  • At August 14, 2008 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I very much agree with your point of view, the good old saying goes, in its own Yan Ruyu, housing them in its own gold, very good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home